What is mental illness?
Mental illness is a real illness caused by a wide range of things (e.g. trauma, bullying etc.).
Mental illness is something that is constant and needs strength to be fought 24/7.
Mental illness is in the mind, body and emotions and affects EVERYTHING
What mental illness is NOT?
Mental illness is NOT a choice or a weakness. It is NOT something you can ‘snap out of’ or is caused by your inability to “suck things up”.
Mental illness is NOT something in the mind only. It is NOT visible.
Mental illness NOT only affects your emotions.
Seeking a therapist does not mean there is something wrong with you, it means you may be:-
- Wanting to work through complex emotions or a traumatic experience.
- Seeking clarity in some areas of your life.
- Learning new coping skills to manage difficult situations.
- Challenging negative thinking patterns.
- Focused on personal growth
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Contact your mental health practitioner to facilitate your needs and BREAK THE STIGMA!